Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Bengaluru 10 k Challenge: My 1st officially timed run

Event Date : 12th JULY 2015

Venue : Nice Road Check Post, Banashankari, Bangalore

This being my first officially registered run with Chip Time was eagerly looking forward to it. My target time was sub 45 minutes considering the tough elevation profile of the Nice road. We, 14 of us running enthusiasts left from IISc at 5 a.m. on a Tempo Traveller arranged by the Gymkhana. Pre- race nutrition included few bananas and dark chocolate. Reached the race venue at 5:30 a.m after the comfortable ride.

The race start was from Toll Gate and the road was solid and concrete. Finished my warmup and stretching. The crowd was decent, unlike other official runs which are very crowded as heard from my friends. There was a Zumba warmup session which seemed to be de-facto standard for all organized runs in B'lore. The countdown for the race started at 6:25 a.m.


Flagged off at 6:30 a.m., I started off briskly up the slope till around 2 k, increased my pace on the downslope, it was a Nice solid, sturdy, straight road, anyone will love to run on such roads, the surrounding was a scenic beauty with hills and fields, reached the 5k mark after 21:31 mins. The return 5k-7k route a tough upslope route. The organizers were cheering and clicking pics all through the route. Managed to maintain my rhythm and speeded up the last 3 kms after a brisk water drink, sprinting towards the finish line after 44:05 minutes, my PB (personal best).

After grabbing the finish medal, and waiting for other fellow runners to reach the finish line, had a hearty breakfast arranged by the organizers, kudos to them for a very well organized and timely event without any hiccups. There was a DJ morning post run to entertain us too. Within an hour after the run I got a text message confirming my chip timing. Overall it was a very good experience and hope to participate in future events organized by Shriram Properties.



No comments:

Post a Comment